Guidance on making an online application via the GOV.UK website
In order to submit an application online applicants will be directed to the GOV.UK website to begin the application process. A brief summary of the application process is detailed below.
Online application stages
1. Applicant downloads application form.
2. Applicant completes and saves application form.
3. Applicant uploads completed application form to GOV.UK website.
4. Applicant uploads supplementary documentation (where applicable).
5. Applicant pays fee (where applicable).
6. Applicant submits application and monitors status.
Applicants will receive an email to acknowledge receipt of the application. The target processing periods for each application within the scope of the directive are stated on the relevant pages of our website.
To complete the online application form you should have Adobe Reader installed. It is highly recommended that you use the latest version of Adobe Reader. Older versions of Adobe Reader may not be fully compatible with the form. You can download the latest version from the Adobe website.
Please be aware the application forms available to download on the GOV.UK website link cannot be printed off and submitted by post or by hand to the Licensing Team. You must upload the completed form and submit your full application electronically (including payment). Application forms are available to download on the relevant pages of our website should you wish to submit an application by post or by hand.