Report a fraud
Any housing benefit fraud should be sent to the Department for Work and Pensions, please refer to Report a housing benefit fraud section below.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council deal with various types of fraud such as council tax, council tax support, business rates, housing, grants, planning, procurement and licensing.
If you suspect fraud is being committed against Basingstoke and Deane, report it to us. You do not have to give your name when reporting fraud. If you wish to disclose your name, we will keep this confidential and it may help with our enquiries.
When reporting fraud, we ask that you supply as much detail as possible but do not seek to gather evidence on our behalf.
If you wish to report a fraud, you can do this in several ways:
- By telephone: Freephone hotline 0800 525 927
- Online form: Report Fraud Online
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the council's response to fraud please visit our Anti-fraud and corruption page.
Report a housing benefit fraud
Since May 2015 the responsibility for all housing benefit fraud has been transferred to the Department of Works and Pensions. Any allegations that involve housing benefits, please report this via the following options:
- By telephone: Contact the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440. Your call is free and confidential, you do not have to give your name or address. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
If you have a speech or hearing problem you can use a text phone service on 0800 328 0512 or welsh speakers can call on 0800 678 3722.
- Online at: report benefit fraud online via GOV.UK website
- By post: NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston, PR1 1GP