Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan
Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan 2011 – 2029 was ‘made’ at Full Council on 26 May 2016. The Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for the parish and will be used to guide planning decisions in Oakley and Deane. Below are the final versions of:
Hard copies of these documents can be viewed at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Offices between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm on Mondays to Thursday and 8.30am and 4.30pm on Fridays, and at Basingstoke Discovery Centre, Festival Place, Basingstoke between 8.30am and 6.30pm Mondays to Fridays.
The allocated housing sites and other designations associated with the ‘made’ Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan are defined on the Policies Map - Inset Map 7. To view an interactive Policies Map for the Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan, please visit our Interactive Development Plan Policies Map. The interactive map allows you to search for a location and see which policies of the Neighbourhood Plan (and Local Plan) apply to your chosen location.
The Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan Referendum was held on Thursday 17 March 2016. 94% of the voters on the day said “Yes” to the Neighbourhood Plan. Further information on the results of the Referendum can be found on our elections webpages.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the draft Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan (ODNP) on 3 February 2016. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) regulations, a Decision Statement has been published which can be found below.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations (2012) the council has published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
- The Draft Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan (as modified)
- The Independent Examiner's Report
- Information Statement
- A Summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner
- A Statement (the Decision Statement) that the local planning authority is satisfied that draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the provisions made by or under sections 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act
- A Statement setting out general information on town and country planning, neighbourhood planning and the referendum
- Notice of Referendum
The Referendum was held on Thursday 17 March 2016 between 7am and 10pm. Notice of the Referendum can be found above. The question asked in the referendum will be:
"Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Oakley and Deane to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with the information statement. The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Neighbourhood Plan area for Oakley and Deane.
The referendum was conducted based in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections.
Hard copies of the specified documents are available for inspection at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday)
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre, Festival Place Shopping Centre, Basingstoke, RG21 7LS (8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Saturday)
- Jolly Olly's Coffee Shop, 32 Oakley Lane, Oakley, Basingstoke, RG23 7JY (8am to 4pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am to 4pm Saturday)
The council received the independent examiner's report for the Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan (ODNP) on 7 December 2015.
The examiner recommended that, subject to a number of proposed modifications, the Plan should proceed to referendum. The examiner also recommended that the area for the referendum be based on the designated Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Area as approved by the council in July 2013.
The ODNP was published for consultation on 17 August 2015 for a period of seven weeks. The consultation documents consisted of:
- The Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan
- Oakley and Deane Sustainability Appraisal
- Oakley and Deane Consultation Statement
- Oakley and Deane Basic Conditions Statement (which includes an equalities impact assessment)
- Oakley and Deane Representation form
- Oakley and Deane guidance note on the consultation
- Oakley and Deane Public Notice
Representations from the ODNP consultation are available to view on the Planning Portal at http://basingstoke-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal. Representations and the submission plan were issued to the appointed independent Neighbourhood Plan Examiner, Nigel McGurk.
In addition, the plan was subject to a compliance check to ensure it complies with the relevant legislation. The borough council's decision and completed checklist can be found here:
- BDBC Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist letter
- BDBC Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist
Pre-submission (Regulation 14)
Consultation on the Pre-Submission ODNP took place from 1 March to 18 April 2015. For more information please visit the Oakley and Deane Parish Council website by visiting www.oakleydeane-pc.gov.uk
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
The borough council has undertaken screening for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA). The results of the screening report and the decision notice is available to view below:
- Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan SEA and HRA Screening Report
- Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan SEA and HRA Screening Decision Notice
Neighbourhood Plan area designation
You can view copies of the documents associated with the area designation below: