Social care and health

Social Services

Hampshire County Council provides the Social Care and Health service for the Basingstoke and Deane area.

Visit Hampshire County Council's Social Care and Health pages

Health services

NHS Choices provides you with a whole range of health information:

  • finding your local GP
  • finding a dentist
  • locating your nearest pharmacy
  • how to live well
  • a Health A to Z

For health advice online or by telephone, contact NHS 111 service

Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital is the main NHS hospital that services the Basingstoke and Deane area, the main contact number is 01256 473202. Take a look at Hampshire Hospitals website for information on the services provided, opening times and contact details.

Mental health
For advice and guidance on mental health issues and information on the organisations to contact.

For a support network of UK counsellors and psychotherapists take a look at the Counselling Directory.

Carers and family support

You may not recognise yourself as a carer but if you provide practical and emotional support for someone on an ongoing basis in order to help them live independently, that's exactly what you are. For advice and support on care services, advice and support, take a look at Hampshire County Council's webpages.

Children's Services

Children's Services is dealt with by Hampshire County Council (HCC), for further information on what services HCC provides, visit their website - Support for children and young people in Hampshire

Child Protection
Contact the HCC's Children's Services Department if you think a child or young person under the age of 18 has been or is being abused by a person in a position of trust.

If it's an emergency and a child is in immediate danger, call 999.

For general guidance:

  • Contact Children's Services on 0300 555 1384 during office hours (Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm)
  • At all other times you should contact the out-of-hours service on 0300 555 1373

Adult Services

The Adult Health and Social Care team at Hampshire County Council provides advice, care and support for adults.

Call 0300 555 1386 or 0300 555 1373 (out of hours) or submit an online referral.

Sign up for email updates

Receive information on council services, news and events by email.

© 2024 Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council