Street parties


Please read the Street Party Guidance, this will give you an idea of things you need to consider when planning a street party. Visit the Street Party site for more information.

The application form can be found below. Organisers will need to complete a risk assessment for the event.

We are currently clarifying whether organisers will need to take out their own Public and Product Liability Insurance. Please email and we will get back to you once we have received clarification.

If you plan on hiring in facilities such as caterers or bouncy castles, you will also need to send across copies of their Public and Product Liability Insurance and risk assessment to

If your event involves any licensable activities (for example, the sale of alcohol), you will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN).

If you have any queries regarding your street party, please contact

Road Closures

If your event will require a road closure, you will need to make a formal application for a road closure. You will need to supply a plan of the proposed closure/diversion route and a traffic management plan/risk assessment. The temporary traffic regulation order costs will not apply for a simple street party providing the event is well publicised.

For events where you expect more than 500 people to attend, you may also be required to contact the Safety Advisory Group (SAG). Details about this can be found on the Hampshire County Council webpage.

Please feel free to contact should you have any questions regarding road closures for your event.

Below you will find details of temporary street closure orders that are either in operation or are due to start soon.

PDF document List of road closures for The Queen's Platinum Jubilee 2022(PDF) [78 kb]

Further information

Guidance for Neighbours’ picnics on parks, playing fields and other green spaces (
Guidance for organising a street party (GOV.UK)
Get involved in your local community (Platinum
View the government Platinum Jubilee webpage (GOV.UK)
Find out more about Platinum Jubilee events (GOV.UK)


PDF document Street Party Guidance(PDF) [440 kb]

Contact us

  • Contact us online
  • 01256 844844
  • Civic Offices
    London Road
    RG21 4AH
  • Opening hours
    Monday to Friday
    8.30am to 4.30pm