Types of licence

There are three types of licence under the Gambling Act 2005.

Operating Licence

An Operating Licence permits a licensee to operate specific gambling facilities, for example. a casino, bingo and gaming machines. A licensee may hold multiple licences for operating different facilities. Operational licences will be issued by the Gambling Commission.

Personal Licence

For those responsible for managing and operating the gambling facilities permitted under an operational licence. Small operators will not be required to hold a personal licence.  Personal licences will be issued by the Gambling Commission.

Premises Licence

A Premises Licence permits a premises to be used for a single specified gambling operation such as casino, bingo, adult gaming, family gaming and betting.  Premises licences will be issued by licensing authorities; we are the relevant licensing authority in the borough.

Contact us

  • Contact us online
  • 01256 844844
  • Civic Offices
    London Road
    RG21 4AH
  • Opening hours
    Monday to Friday
    8.30am to 4.30pm