View planning applications
You can view and comment on planning applications submitted to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council. You can also track and monitor the progress of an application using the council's public access system. You can find a user guide below.
Please note that the Public Access viewing tool does not allow application records to be accessed outside of the EU for cyber security reasons.
Using the search button below, once you have typed in a keyword, reference number or postcode and clicked search if you wish to view the documents/plans submitted with the application you will need to click 'plans and related documents' followed by 'View associated documents'.
Then to look at the plans/documents, use the filter box in the top right hand corner by typing in the word 'plan'. You can also search for consultee comments and neighbour comments using keywords such as 'consultee' or 'neighbour'.
Ward boundary changes - May 2021
Planning applications can be searched by relevant ward on Public Access. To search for applications registered before 6 May 2021 by ward, please use the wards from the drop down list. To search applications registered from 6 May 2021 please use the “NEW” wards from the drop down list. Maps showing the new and old ward boundaries can be viewed below:
Information in a different format
If you would like any of the information on our public access system in a different format, for example:
- large print
- audio tape
- in an alternative document type
please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01256 844844.
The online planning register provides information on submitted planning applications and decisions made, with the earliest application being from 1978.
Please note; more recent applications and associated documents may be quite large and may take some time to load.
For all planning applications since 1 January 2008 the following documents are available to view online:
- planning applications including forms, plans and supporting documents
- officer reports
- decision notices
- Section 106 agreements and scoping documents (if applicable)
- appeal submissions and decisions (if applicable)
If you have difficulty viewing any of the plans online, you can come into the council offices to view them. For proposals outside of the Basingstoke Town area, the relevant town or parish council may have copies of planning applications. Find details of the relevant Find details of the relevant Town or Parish Clerk.
Before publishing applications and supporting documents on our website, we have taken reasonable steps to remove the following:
- personal telephone numbers
- personal email addresses
Planning applications have been edited in this way since 1 August 2008, however, documents published before this date may not have been. If you would like your personal details removed from documents published before this date, please contact us.
If you have any general questions about the planning system, please refer to the Planning Portal using the links below:
- Guide to the planning process - an introduction to the planning system, what planning is for and why it is important. It is intended for both householders and businesses and explains why planning controls are necessary and how decisions are made.
- Planning appeals - if you disagree with our decision or the application isn't decided within the eight week period, you can appeal.
- Study - helps people to teach or learn about land use planning at all levels and in all types of education.
Planning Development Team
If you have a planning enquiry, send a message to the Planning Development Team