View planning applications
You can view and comment on planning applications submitted to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council. You can also track and monitor the progress of an application using the council's public access system. You can find a user guide is below.
Find out how to comment online.
If you are using an old browser, follow the instructions to enable you to continue using the Planning Applications Register. The supported web browsers are Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 and the current versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Information in a different format
If you would like any of the information on our public access system in a different format, for example:
- large print
- audio tape
- in an alternative document type
please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01256 844844.
The online planning register provides information on submitted planning applications and decisions made, with the earliest application being from 1978. However,to view application documents from 1978 to 1995 (and earlier) you may need to visit the council offices. Parklands Reception is open from 8.30am to 5pm hours Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday.
Please note; more recent applications and associated documents may be quite large and may take some time to load.
For all planning applications since 1 January 2008 the following documents are available to view online:
- planning applications including forms, plans and supporting documents
- officer reports
- decision notices
- Section 106 agreements and scoping documents (if applicable)
- appeal submissions and decisions (if applicable)
Public representations, including objection letters, are only available to view at the council offices.
Statutory consultees comments received on applications registered after 1 December 2015 can be viewed online.
Public comments received on application received and registered from 2017 onwards can be viewed online
If you have difficulty viewing any of the plans online, you can come into the council offices to view them. For proposals outside of the Basingstoke Town area, the relevant town or parish council may have copies of planning applications. Find details of the relevant Town or Parish Clerk.
Before publishing applications and supporting documents on our website, we have taken reasonable steps to remove the following:
- personal telephone numbers
- personal email addresses
Planning applications have been edited in this way since 1 August 2008, however, documents published before this date may not have been. If you would like your personal details removed from documents published before this date, please contact us.
For information on our application process, please take a look at our webpage on the application process.
If you have any general questions about the planning system, please refer to the Planning Portal using the links below:
- Guide to the planning process - an introduction to the planning system, what planning is for and why it is important. It is intended for both householders and businesses and explains why planning controls are necessary and how decisions are made.
- Appeal - if you disagree with our decision or the application isn't decided within the eight week period, you can appeal.
- Study - helps people to teach or learn about land use planning at all levels and in all types of education.
If you would like to make a planning application online, please visit the Planning Portal.
Planning Development Team
If you have a planning enquiry, send a message to the Planning Development Team