Customer Service Charter
- Deal with you politely and respectfully
- Respond to you promptly without jargon and in plain English
- Provide clear information and advice about our services
- Explain our decisions and the reasons for them
- Admit when things go wrong and do our best to put them right
- Listen to your views on services to help us improve and make changes. You can use our Make a comment or compliment form or our Make a complaint form to give this feedback.
We ask you to:
- Tell us immediately when things go wrong
- Let us know if you have received outstanding service
- Treat us politely and with respect
- Understand that we will not tolerate abusive language or threatening behaviour towards staff or other people using our services and that we will take action, including prosecution if necessary. For more information, please read our Policy on the Management of Unreasonable and Violent Customer Behaviour.
Customer Service standards
If you visit our website, we will
- Make it easy to use
- Give you information on council services and policies
- Clearly explain how to access and use the services.
If you contact us by telephone, we will
- Aim to answer your call within 30 seconds.
If you email or ‘contact us’ online, we will
- Respond to you within five working days. You will either receive a full response to your enquiry or you will be given details of who is dealing with the matter and how long they will need to respond fully.
If you contact us by letter, we will
- Respond to you within 10 working days. You will either receive a full response to your enquiry or you will be given details of who is dealing with the matter and how long they will need to respond fully.
If we make an appointment for you to visit us, we can
- Confirm the appointment in writing, normally by email and/or SMS text.
- Send you a reminder about the appointment by email and/or SMS 24 hours beforehand.
If you visit us, we will
- See you at the appointed time or if there is a delay explain why and keep you informed.
- Provide a clean, tidy and comfortable waiting area and wherever possible a space for you to see us in private.
If we visit you, we will
- Normally agree a date and time with you
- Show you our identity card before coming into your home
- Tell you as soon as possible if we are delayed or have to postpone or cancel a visit.
How to contact us
Telephone - 01256 844844
8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday (except on bank holidays)