Dropped kerbs (pedestrian and vehicular)

As highway authority, Hampshire County Council is responsible for the management of the highway network including the consideration of new drop kerbs.

Vehicular dropped kerbs (for driveway access)

The cost of a vehicle access is met by the property owner/occupant who requests the access. You may apply for a vehicular access through the link below:

Apply for a vehicular access | Hampshire County Council (hants.gov.uk)

Assistance for disabled people

Subject to budget availability, the borough council will assist Hampshire County Council and residents by providing pedestrian dropped kerbs and short path links for disabled people near to their homes.

For more information or to request a drop kerb suitable for wheelchair or mobility scooter use please email engineering@basingstoke.gov.uk or call 01256 844844 or write to:

Engineering Services
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
Civic Offices
London Road
RG21 4AH

Contact us

  • Contact us online
  • 01256 844844
  • Civic Offices
    London Road
    RG21 4AH
  • Opening hours
    Monday to Friday
    8.30am to 4.30pm