Environmental permitting

Companies carrying out activities that could potentially cause emissions to air, land or water may need to hold an Environmental Permit under the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010.  If certain changes occur to the activity, or the company changes hand, then the permit may need to be varied or transferred.  If the activity ceases, then the permit will need to be surrendered.

Do I need an Environmental Permit?

To find out whether or not your company needs to hold, vary, transfer or surrender a permit please visit the DEFRA website.

How to apply for an Environmental Permit

You can apply for an Environmental Permit online:

Application for Environmental Permit A2

Application for Environmental Permit Part B

To request hard copies of application forms please contact the Environmental Health Team by telephoning 01256 844844, by fax on 01256 845200 or emailing ehteam@basingstoke.gov.uk

Fees and charges and risk assessment

A one-off application fee needs to accompany your completed application form. An application is not ‘duly made’ until the correct fee has been received. Once a permit is issued, there is also an annual subsistence charge payable to the local authority. See more about fees and charges.

Environmental Permitting Public Register

Environmental Permitting Public Register Part A1 activities within the borough - which are regulated by the Environment Agency

Below is a list of Part B activities regulated by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.

PDF document Environmental Permitting Public Register Part B Activities (PDF) [68 kb]

Useful links

Contact us

  • Contact us online
  • 01256 844844
  • Civic Offices
    London Road
    RG21 4AH
  • Opening hours
    Monday to Thursday
    8.30am to 5pm
    8.30am to 4.30pm
Give us feedback