Our Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) patrol the borough to ensure that parking and waiting restrictions are being complied with.
A penalty charge notice (PCN) can be issued by the CEOs when a parking regulation is broken. A PCN requires payment of a penalty charge, but does not result in a criminal record or points on a driving licence.
View the council’s policy on civil parking enforcement
We are a member of the Parking and Traffic Regulations Outside London (PATROL) Adjudication Joint Committee.
Controlled parking zone
The Basingstoke town centre area is a controlled parking zone.
- All single yellow line restrictions within this zone apply between 8am and 7pm, Monday to Saturday
- Signs indicating the start and end of the controlled zone are located at all entry and exit points of the zone
The council are not responsible for vehicles parked:
- in supermarkets and retail parks
- at the railway station
- in the hospital car parks
- in Festival Place
- on trunk roads in the district or on the M3 motorway
- on the public highway if there are no parking restrictions in place
- in private developments or housing association parking areas any on-street restrictions such as yellow lines or resident's parking areas