Climate change for business
Reducing the borough's carbon footprint is a key challenge for the council and businesses have a large role to play in this. Carbon dioxide is the main contributor to climate change and it is important that businesses and individuals contribute towards reducing the amount that is produced.
Where to find help to make your business more sustainable
An established network organised by local businesses, local authorities and the Hampshire Chamber of Commerce offering FREE half-day workshops and website with expert information for small to medium sized businesses.
Themes covered in the workshops can help you to win more business and cut costs. Previous topics have included:
- Marketing your business as sustainable
- Increasing tender success
- Reducing overheads by being ‘greener’ (energy, water, procurement, waste, etc.)
- Ensure your business is legally compliant
- Setting up an Environmental Management System and sustainability reporting
- Winning grants and securing funding.
These events offer expert speakers, peer group networking and great venues.
The Environment Centre
The Environment Centre (tEC) is a one-stop shop for environmental information in the South of England, providing practical support for businesses, schools, community groups, public sector bodies and individuals.