Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan
Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan (2011-2029)
The Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2029 was 'made' at Full Council on 22 March 2018. The Plan forms part of the Development Plan for the parish and will be used to guide planning decisions in Sherfield on Loddon. A copy of the final version of the Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan and Decision Statement can be viewed below:
Hard copies of these documents can be viewed at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council offices between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm on Mondays to Thursdays and 8.30am and 4.30pm on Fridays, and at Basingstoke Discovery Centre and Chineham Library during their normal opening times.
From 22 March 2018, the Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan is subject to a six week period where applications can be made to the High Court on the grounds that the plans are not within the appropriate powers and/or a procedural requirement has not been complied with. This six week period of legal challenge ends on 3 May 2018.
The SOL NP also has several annexes:
- Annex A - Full Household Questionnaire
- Annex B - Housing Need Report
- Annex C - Character Assessment
- Annex D - Road Safety and Traffic Issues
- Annex E - Strategic Views, Green Spaces and Natural Environment Regulations
- Annex F - Basic Conditions Statement
- Annex G - Consultation Events and Survey Results
- Annex H - SEA Screening Report
- Annex I - Table of Regulation 14 Comments and Responses
The Referendum on the Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan was held on Tuesday 20 February 2018. A total of 93% of the voters on the day said 'Yes' to the Neighbourhood Plan. Further information on the results of the Referendum can be found on our election webpages.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the draft Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan on 16 December 2017. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations, a Decision Statement has been published which can be found below.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations (2012) the council has published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
- The draft Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan (as modified)
A - Household Questionnaire
B - Housing Need Report
C - Character assessment
D - Road Safety and Traffic issues
E - Strategic Views Green Spaces and Natural Environment
F - Basic Conditions statement
G - Consultation events
H - SEA screening
I - Table of Regulation 14 comments and
- The Independent Examiner's report
- A summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner
- A Statement (the Sherfield on Loddon Decision Statement) that the local planning authority is satisfied that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the provisions made by or under sections 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act
- A general information statement on town and country planning, neighbourhood planning and the referendum
The Referendum will be held on Tuesday 20 February 2018 between 7am and 10pm at Sherfield on Loddon Village Hall. The question asked in the referendum will be:
"Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Sherfield on Loddon to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with the information statement. The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Neighbourhood Plan area for Sherfield on Loddon.
The referendum will be conducted based in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections.
Hard copies of the specified documents are available for inspection at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday)
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre, Festival Place Shopping Centre, Basingstoke, RG21 7LS (8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Saturday)
- Chineham Library, Chineham District Centre, Basingstoke, RG24 8BQ (9.30am to 5pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9.30am to 7pm Thursday, 9.30am to 4pm Saturday)
- House Twenty8, Sherfield on Loddon
- The White Hart, Sherfield on Loddon
- The Four Horseshoes, Sherfield on Loddon
- The Salon, Sherfield on Loddon
- St Leonard's Church Meeting Room, Sherfield on Loddon
The council received the independent examiners report for the Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan (NP) on 14 November 2017. The examiner recommended that, subject to a number of proposed modifications, the Plan should proceed to referendum.
The Independent Examination was conducted by Janet Cheesley of Chec Planning Ltd. She was appointed by the borough council, in agreement with Sherfield on Loddon Parish Council, having been referred to the council by the Neighbourhood Planning Independent Examiner Referral Service (NPIERS).
On this page
Publication (Regulation 16)
The Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan (SOL NP) was submitted to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (BDBC) on 10 August 2017. The plan has been subject to a compliance check to ensure it accords with the relevant legislation. The borough council’s decision and completed checklist can be viewed below:
- BDBC Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist letter
- BDBC Sherfield on Loddon Plan compliance checklist
The submission Sherfield on Loddon NP was consulted upon from Monday 4 September to Monday 16 October 2017.
The submission Sherfield on Loddon NP, Consultation Statement, Basic Conditions statement, the representation form, a guidance note on the consultation and the public notice were available to view at the various locations in the village.
The following supporting documents can also be viewed below:
- Annex A - Full results - Household Questionnaire
- Annex B - Housing Need Report
- Annex C - Character Assessment
- Annex D - Road Safety and Traffic issues
- Annex E - Strategic views - green spaces and natural environment
- Annex F - Basic Conditions statement
- Annex G - Consultation events and survey results
- Annex H - SEA Screening Report from BDBC
- Annex I - Table of Regulation 14 Consultation - comments and responses
Pre-submission (Regulation 14) Consultation
Consultation on the Pre-Submission Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan took place from 3 April 2017 to 22 May 2017. For more information please visit the Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan website by visiting www.sherfieldonloddon-pc.gov.uk/Neighbourhood_Plan.aspx#
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
The borough council has undertaken screening for Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA). The results of the screening report and the decision notice is available to view below:
- Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan SEA and HRA Screening Report
- Sherfield on Loddon Neighbourhood Plan SEA and HRA Decision Notice
Neighbourhood Plan Area designation
The parish of Sherfield on Loddon was designated for the purposes of neighbourhood planning on 22 March 2013. The neighbourhood area was then amended on 10 August 2015 to remove the Sherfield Park development. View copies of the documents associated with the amended area designation below: