We can arrange to pick up bulky or large rubbish items as a one-off. You can book and pay for this service as you need it.
Could your item be re-used?
There are a number of local charities who may collect your items for a small donation.
Visit the Community Furniture Project website
Visit Furniture Store - St Michael's Hospice website
Alternatively, there are groups on Facebook and other social media sites where you can give away household items.
Items we collect
If your unwanted items are white goods such as a cooker, oven or a fridge, you will need to call us on 01256 844844 to arrange collection. We are unable to collect American style fridge/freezers or range cookers.
Certain items are charged as more than a single item due to the size or weight. For example a fridge/freezer over 4ft or a three seater sofa. See the list below.
- Bathroom items
- Bath - cast iron (broken up) (counted as 5 items)
- Bath - plastic/tin
- Electric shower
- Sink with pedestal
- Tiles (kitchen/bathroom) broken or whole - 1 small sealed box (40x40x40cm)
- Bedroom items
- Bed base - single/double/king/superking
- Chest of drawers
- Dressing table (no mirror)
- Futon base
- Futon mattress
- Headboard - single/double/king/superking
- Mattress - single/double/king/superking
- Sofa bed
- Wardrobe (no glass or mirrored doors)
- Garden items
- Fence panel (multiples of 3)
- Garden chair
- Garden table (no glass)
- Garden parasol
- Garden pots (multiple of 3), no soil
- Lawn mower (not sit or ride ons)
- Leaf blower
- Rotary washing line
- Shed/Wendy house (dismantled - max 2.5m x 2.5m) (counted as 3 items)
- Slide/swing (dismantled)
- Water butt/compost bin
- Armchair (no recliners)
- Bean bag
- Cupboard/cabinet (free standing) (no glass)
- Coat stand
- Dining chair
- Fireplace surround (wooden)
- Hoover/vacuum cleaner
- Lamp (ceiling/floor/wall mounted)
- Picture (non glazed frame)
- Shelving unit (or up to 4 single shelves) (no glass)
- Sofa 2 seater (no recliners)
- Sofa 3 seater (no recliners)(counted as 2 items)
- Sofa corner suite (no recliners) (counted as 3 items)
- Television aerial
- Video/DVD player
- Kitchen items
- Clothes airer
- Ironing board (no asbestos)
- Kitchen units (up to two units)
- Kitchen sink
- Kitchen worktop
- Small kitchen appliance (for example toaster, kettle, iron, blender)
- Window blinds (up to four units)
- Office items
- Notice board
- Office chair
- Office desk
- Printer or scanner
- Other items
- Artificial christmas tree
- Boiler (not floor standing)
- Carpet/underlay/lino/rug (up to 14ft x 14ft)
- Childs toy, large for example ride on car
- Cot/travel cot
- Door - internal/external (no glass)
- Exercise/weights bench (no weights)
- Fan - electric
- Games console
- Gas heater (free standing)
- Golf clubs (set) with or without bag
- Packaging (for example polystyrene/cellophane three bin liners worth)
- Portable heater (no oil)
- Power tool
- Radiators (up to two)
- Snooker table (counted as 2 items)
- Storage heater (no bricks)
- Toys (one bin liner)
- Trampoline - fully dismantled, maximum diameter of 10ft
- Window frame (no glass)
*If you are in receipt of Council Tax Support, Housing Benefit or housing element of Universal Credit you may be entitled to the concessionary rate. To obtain the discounted price you will need to call us on 01256 844844 to verify and arrange the collection.
Book a bulky waste collection
Important information for your collection day
- Leave all items together outside by 6am (May to August) or 7am (September to April), within your property boundary, as close to the road as possible (not the public highway/footpath).
- We collect items from the front of properties which can be a driveway or front garden. If your back garden faces the road and is the most accessible place to leave items we can collect from there.
- Items must be easily accessible and manageable by two people. If your items are not visible or accessible, for example due to parked cars, the crew will not knock on your door and you won’t be given a refund. Items need to be at ground level and stacked neatly.
- Items must not contain any rubbish. Fridge/freezers must be empty.
- Items left which are not included in your booking will not be taken.
- Cover your items during wet weather. Waterlogged items such as sofas and mattresses cannot be lifted.
- Items must not contain glass panels or mirrors.
- If you live in a flat leave the items in or next to your bin store/communal area. Write your flat number on a piece of paper and tape it to your items to help the crew locate the correct items.
Amendments or cancellation
- No changes can be made to your order once it has been confirmed and paid for.
- If you cancel the service within 5 working days of the collection date a cancellation fee of £12.75 will apply.
Alternative waste carriers
Legitimate and responsible waste businesses will give you information on how and where your waste will be disposed of.
Visit the Environment Agency website to check the list for licensed a waste carriers
If your waste is dumped illegally you could be prosecuted, even if it was someone else who dumped it.