Bulky household waste collection
We are receiving a high number of requests for collections of bulky waste at the moment and you may have to wait a little longer for a collection date.
We are asking that if any members of your household are showing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), that items are put outside as close as possible to the edge of the boundary of your property, three days before your collection day to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (Covid-19).
We reserve the right to cancel bulk collections should the ongoing pandemic impact the delivery of core waste and recycling collection services.
We can collect your unwanted household items, such as furniture, electrical items and white goods. Unfortunately, we are not able to take American style fridge freezers.
Collections are made between 7am and 4pm Monday to Friday and payment must be made at the time of booking.
This service is not available for businesses. Please see our waste responsibilities webpage page for more information.
|Item limit||Standard charges||Concessionary charges|
|Up to 3||33.06||16.52|
- Large items such as a fridge freezer over 4ft or a 3 seater sofa count as two items.
Amendments to your collection
Please note that we are currently not able to make any amendments to your collection once it has been confirmed and paid for.
Cancellation of a collection
If you cancel your collection five days before the collection date, you will receive a full refund. However, there is a cancellation charge of £12.02 if you cancel your collection fewer than five working days before your collection date.
Items we can collect
Please click on the headings below to check what we will collect.
- Bathroom items
- Bath - cast iron (broken up) (5 points/items)
- Bath - plastic/tin
- Electric shower
- Sink with pedestal
- Toilet bowl
- Toilet cistern
- Bedroom items
- Bed base - single/double/king
- Bedside cabinet
- Chest of drawers
- Dressing table (no mirror)
- Futon base
- Futon mattress
- Headboard - single/double/king
- Mattress - single/double/king
- Sofa bed
- Wardrobe (no glass or mirrored doors)
- Garden items
- Fence panel
- Garden chair
- Garden table (no glass)
- Lawn mower (electric or non)
- Leaf blower
- Rotary washing line
- Shed (dismantled - max 2.5m x 2.5m) (3 points/items)
- Slide/swing (dismantled)
- Water butt
- Coffee table/Nest of tables (no glass)
- Cupboard/cabinet (free standing)(no glass)
- Dining chair
- Dining table (no glass)
- Hoover/vacuum cleaner
- Shelving unit (or up to 4 single shelves)(no glass)
- Sofa 2 seater
- Sofa 3 seater (2 points/items)
- Sofa corner suite (3 points/items)
- Television aerial
- Video/DVD player
- Kitchen items
- Clothes airer
- Ironing board (no asbestos)
- Kitchen units (up to two units)
- Kitchen worktop (up to one length)
- Small kitchen appliance (for example toaster, kettle, iron, blender)
- Window blinds (up to four units)
- Office items
- Filing cabinet
- Notice board
- Office chair
- Office desk
- Printer or scanner
- Other items
- Boiler (not floor standing)
- Carpet/underlay/lino/rug (up to 14ft x 14ft)
- Door - internal/external (no glass)
- Exercise/weights bench (no weights)
- Games console
- Gas heater (free standing)
- Golf clubs (set) with or without bag
- Lamp (ceiling, floor or wall mounted)(no glass)
- Packaging (for example polystyrene/cellophane three bin liners worth)
- Portable heater (no oil)
- Power tool
- Radiators (up to two)
- Snooker table (2 points/items)
- Storage heater (no bricks)
- Toys (one bin liner)
- Window frame (no glass)
On your collection day
If any members of your household are showing symptoms of coronavirus (Covid-19), please put your items outside three days before your collection day to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (Covid-19).
Please leave your items all together outside, within the boundary of your property, as close to the edge as possible (not the public highway/footpath) so that it is easily accessible for our crews by 7am. If you live in a flat please leave the items near the bin store.
Please ensure your collection is:
- Manageable by two people.
- Not filled with other rubbish. Please remove any contents for example food items in fridge/freezers.
- Only the items confirmed on your booking (additional items will not be taken).
- Covered up if the weather is wet otherwise we may be unable to take items such as sofas and mattresses if they become waterlogged.
- Items do not contain/are not made of glass panels or mirrors.
Remember - don't dump it! If your waste is dumped illegally, you could be prosecuted - even if it was someone else who dumped it. For more information on this, please see our fly tipping webpage.
Waste Management Team
If you have an enquiry about waste collection, send a message to the Waste and Recycling Team