Bulky household waste collection
We are receiving a high number of requests for collections of bulky waste at the moment and you may have to wait a little longer for a collection date.
If any members of your household are showing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), please put your items outside three days before your collection day.
We reserve the right to cancel bulk collections should the ongoing pandemic impact the delivery of core waste and recycling collection services.
This service is not available for businesses. Please see our waste responsibilities webpage page for more information.
Important information for your collection day
- Leave all items together outside by 7am , within your property boundary, as close to the road as possible (not the public highway/footpath)
- Items must be easily accessible and manageable by two people. If your items are not visible or accessible, for example due to parked cars, the crew will not knock on your door and you won’t be given a refund.
- Ensure your items do not contain any rubbish. Fridge/freezers must be empty.
- Do not add any items not included in your booking (additional items will not be taken).
- Cover your items during wet weather. Waterlogged items such as sofas and mattresses cannot be lifted.
- Items must not contain glass panels or mirrors.
- If you live in a flat please leave the items in or next to your bin store.
Our collection staff CANNOT:
- Collect from inside buildings including garages or sheds.
- Knock on doors to ask for access to the items for collection including waiting for cars to be moved.
- Phone to say they are on their way as they do not have your personal information.
Items we can collect
Please click on the headings below to check what we will collect. We are unable to collect American style fridge/freezers.
- Bathroom items
- Bath - cast iron (broken up) (5 points/items)
- Bath - plastic/tin
- Electric shower
- Sink with pedestal
- Toilet bowl
- Toilet cistern
- Bedroom items
- Bed base - single/double/king
- Bedside cabinet
- Chest of drawers
- Dressing table (no mirror)
- Futon base
- Futon mattress
- Headboard - single/double/king
- Mattress - single/double/king
- Sofa bed
- Wardrobe (no glass or mirrored doors)
- Garden items
- Fence panel
- Garden chair
- Garden table (no glass)
- Lawn mower (electric or non)
- Leaf blower
- Rotary washing line
- Shed (dismantled - max 2.5m x 2.5m) (3 points/items)
- Slide/swing (dismantled)
- Water butt
- Coffee table/Nest of tables (no glass)
- Cupboard/cabinet (free standing)(no glass)
- Dining chair
- Dining table (no glass)
- Hoover/vacuum cleaner
- Shelving unit (or up to 4 single shelves)(no glass)
- Sofa 2 seater
- Sofa 3 seater (2 points/items)
- Sofa corner suite (3 points/items)
- Television aerial
- Video/DVD player
- Kitchen items
- Clothes airer
- Ironing board (no asbestos)
- Kitchen units (up to two units)
- Kitchen worktop (up to one length)
- Small kitchen appliance (for example toaster, kettle, iron, blender)
- Window blinds (up to four units)
- Office items
- Filing cabinet
- Notice board
- Office chair
- Office desk
- Printer or scanner
- Other items
- Boiler (not floor standing)
- Carpet/underlay/lino/rug (up to 14ft x 14ft)
- Door - internal/external (no glass)
- Exercise/weights bench (no weights)
- Games console
- Gas heater (free standing)
- Golf clubs (set) with or without bag
- Lamp (ceiling, floor or wall mounted)(no glass)
- Packaging (for example polystyrene/cellophane three bin liners worth)
- Portable heater (no oil)
- Power tool
- Radiators (up to two)
- Snooker table (2 points/items)
- Storage heater (no bricks)
- Toys (one bin liner)
- Window frame (no glass)
Payment must be made at time of booking.
Customers receiving council tax support, housing benefit or housing element of universal credit may be entitled to the concessionary charge and should call to arrange a collection 01256 844844
|Item limit||Standard charges||Concessionary charges|
|Up to 3||£34.05||£17.02|
Large items such as a fridge freezer over 4ft or a 3 seater sofa count as two items.
Amendments to your collection
We are currently not able to make any amendments to your collection once it has been confirmed and paid for.
Cancellation of a collection
If you cancel your collection five days before the collection date, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel your collection fewer than five working days before your collection date there is a cancellation charge of £12.38.
Remember - don't dump it! If your waste is dumped illegally, you could be prosecuted - even if it was someone else who dumped it. For more information on this, please see our fly tipping webpage.
Legitimate and responsible waste businesses will be happy to give you all the information you want about how and where your waste will be disposed of.