Bulky household waste collection
In light of the evolving and fast-moving situation around Coronavirus (COVID-19), bulky waste collections will be temporarily suspended to protect rubbish, clinical waste and recycling collections.
New bulky waste collection bookings will be stopped until further notice, with the council aiming to honour existing bookings.
Frequently asked questions
- When can I book a bulky waste collection?
At this time we are unable to say when this service will be available again.
- Will the tip/Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC) be closing?
All HWRC's across Hampshire and West Berkshire are now closed.
|Item limit||Standard charges||Concessionary charges|
|Up to 3||33.06||16.52|
- Large items such as a fridge freezer over 4ft or a 3 seater sofa count as two items.
- Only one amendment can be made after your collection has been booked.
Cancellation of a collection
If you cancel your collection five days before the collection date, you will receive a full refund. However, there is a cancellation charge of £12.02 if you cancel your collection fewer than five working days before your collection date.
Items we can collect
Please click on the headings below to check what we will collect.
- Bathroom items
- Bath - cast iron (broken up) (5 points/items)
- Bath - plastic/tin
- Electric shower
- Sink with pedestal
- Toilet bowl
- Toilet cistern
- Bedroom items
- Bed base - single/double/king
- Bedside cabinet
- Chest of drawers
- Dressing table (no mirror)
- Futon base
- Futon mattress
- Headboard - single/double/king
- Mattress - single/double/king
- Mirror doors
- Sofa bed
- Garden items
- Fence panel
- Garden chair
- Garden table
- Lawn mower (electric or non)
- Leaf blower
- Rotary washing line
- Shed (dismantled - max 2.5m x 2.5m) (3 points/items)
- Slide/swing (dismantled)
- Water butt
- Coffee table/Nest of tables
- Cupboard/cabinet (free standing)
- Dining chair
- Dining table
- Hoover/vacuum cleaner
- Shelving unit (or up to 4 single shelves)
- Sofa 2 seater
- Sofa 3 seater (2 points/items)
- Sofa corner suite (3 points/items)
- Television aerial
- Video/DVD player
- Kitchen items
- Clothes airer
- Ironing board (no asbestos)
- Kitchen units (up to two units)
- Kitchen worktop (up to one length)
- Small kitchen appliance (for example toaster, kettle, iron, blender)
- Window blinds (up to four units)
- Office items
- Filing cabinet
- Notice board
- Office chair
- Office desk
- Printer or scanner
- Other items
- Boiler (not floor standing)
- Carpet/underlay/lino/rug (up to 14ft x 14ft)
- Door - internal/external (no glass)
- Exercise/weights bench (no weights)
- Games console
- Gas heater (free standing)
- Golf clubs (set)
- Lamp (ceiling, floor or wall mounted)
- Packaging (for example polystyrene/cellophane three bin liners worth)
- Portable heater (no oil)
- Power tool
- Radiators (up to two)
- Snooker table (2 points/items)
- Storage heater (no bricks)
- Toys (one bin liner)
- Window frame (no glass)
On your collection day
Please leave your items all together outside, close to the boundary of your property (not the public highway/footpath) but easily accessible for our crews by 7am. If you live in a flat please leave the items near the bin store.
Please ensure your collection is:
- Manageable by two people.
- Not filled with other rubbish. Please remove any contents for example food items in fridge/freezers.
- Only the items confirmed on your booking (additional items will not be taken).
- Covered up if the weather is wet otherwise we may be unable to take items such as sofas and mattresses if they become waterlogged.
Remember - don't dump it! If your waste is dumped illegally, you could be prosecuted - even if it was someone else who dumped it. For more information on this see our fly tipping page.
Waste Management Team
If you have an enquiry about waste collection, send a message to the Waste and Recycling Team