Local Land Charges - FAQs
If you have any queries about the Local Land Charges service that you have not found answers to, take a look at our frequently asked questions below. If you still can't find the information you need please contact the Local Land Charges team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01256 844844. Alternatively, you can write to:
Local Land Charges Team
- How many plans of the property are required?
This authority only requires one plan.
- What is the current turnaround time for Local Authority Searches?
We currently take an average of 5-7 working days depending upon volume of work.
- What is the cost of a basic full Local Land Charges Search?
Our basic full search fee is £153 until 31 March 2019 and £157.60 from 1 April 2020 . For a full set of fees take a look at our local land charges page.
- Are you on the Document Exchange?
No. Please provide your email address as our preference is to email search results.
- Which Water Authority should I send my drainage search to?
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council crosses the border of two different water authorities, Thames Water and Southern Water.
- My search has revealed an Article Four Direction issued on 16 July 2011, where can I find more details?
You can find out by visiting our houses in multiple occupation page.
- Who should I contact about land ownership?
You should contact the Land Registry customer support team
Telephone: 0300 006 0411
- What are the contact details for Land Charges, as opposed to Local Land Charges?
You should contact the Land Registry Customer Support Team
Telephone: 0300 006 0411
- How can I find out more about Radon Gas?
To find out about Radon Gas visit the Health Protection Agency webpage Radon information on the HPA website
- How can I find out more about Flood Plains?
To find out more about flood plains visit the Environment Agency page - flood plain information.
- How can I find out more about Groundwater Protection Zones?
To find out more about groundwater protection zones visit the Environment Agency page groundwater protection zones.
- How can I obtain a copy of a planning decision or a S106 agreement?
There is a rolling programming of publishing planning decision notices to the website and these can be download from the online planning register. If you can not find the one you want please email email@example.com for assistance.
Recent S106 agreements can be downloaded from the planning register, by searching under the planning application number. The Planning Application Guide provides step by step instructions to finding these documents. Older agreements may not be available but can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you may visit the council offices and inspect documents. if you wish to print copies a small charge is payable.
- How can I find out if the obligations of a S106 agreement have been complied with?
Should you require confirmation of the discharge of a planning obligation, please contact the compliance team by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning 01256 844844.