- Contact your priority creditors to discuss your situation.
- Make a list of all your essential expenditure and a note of when payment is due.
- List all of your income, including all benefits.
- Check you have claimed all the benefits you are entitled to. Complete a benefits check online.
- Contact your local Citizens Advice for help.
- Look at ways to increase your income, for example, getting an additional part time job or taking in a lodger. Ensure you check how this affects your benefits.
- Work out if you can reduce your non-essential expenditure.
There are a number of good websites offering tips on money saving, including: