Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan
The Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan 2011 to 2029 was ‘made’ at Full Council on 18 October 2018. The Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for the parish and will be used to guide planning decisions in Kingsclere. A copy of the final version of the Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan, the Decision Statement and SEA can be viewed below.
Hard copies of these documents can be viewed at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Offices between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm on Mondays to Thursday and 8.30am and 4.30pm on Fridays, and at Basingstoke Discovery Centre and Kingsclere Community Library at their normal opening times.
From 19 October 2018, the Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan is subject to a six week period where applications can be made to the High Court on the grounds that the plans are not within the appropriate powers and/or a procedural requirement has been complied with. This 6 week period of legal challenge ends on 30 November.
On this page
The Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan Referendum was held on Thursday 6 September 2018; 85% of voters on the day said 'yes' to the Neighbourhood Plan. Further information on the results of the Referendum can be found on the Neighbourhood Planning Referendum results webpage
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan on 19 June 2018. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 as amended, a Decision Statement has been published which can be found below.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations (2012) as amended, the council has published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
- The Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan (as modified).
- The Independent Examiner's Report.
- A Summary of Representations submitted to the independent examiner.
- A Statement (the Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement) that the local planning authority is satisfied that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the provisions made by or under sections 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act.
- A General Information Statement on town and country planning, neighbourhood planning and the referendum.
The Referendum was held on Thursday 6 September 2018 between 7am and 10pm. The question asked in the referendum will be:
"Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Kingsclere to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with the information statement. It is identical to the area which has been designated as the Neighbourhood Plan area for Kingsclere.
The referendum was conducted in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections. Hard copies of the specified documents are available for inspection at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council. Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday).
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre, Festival Place Shopping Centre, Basingstoke, RG21 7LS (8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Saturday).
- Kingsclere Parish Council Office, 37 George Street, Kingsclere, RG20 5NH (9.30am to 11.30am Monday and Wednesday)
- Kingsclere Community Library, 35 George Street, Kingsclere, RG20 5NH (1pm to 5.30pm Tuesday and Thursday, 9.30am to 2pm Saturday)
- The Fieldgate Centre, Field Gate Drive, Kingsclere, RG20 5SQ (during normal opening hours).
Ms Janet Cheesley, of Chec Planning Ltd was appointed to carry out an independent examination of the Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan (KNP). She was appointed by the borough council, in agreement with Kingsclere Parish Council, having been referred to the council by the Neighbourhood Planning Independent Examiner Referral Service (NPIERS).
The examination commenced on 9 April 2018. The council received the independent examiner's report for the Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan on 15 May 2018. The examiner recommended that, subject to a number of proposed modifications, the Plan should proceed to referendum.
During the examination any correspondence between the council and the examiner relevant to the examination will be placed on the council's website. This correspondence can be found below:
- Email 4: from BDBC to Examiner - 10 April 2018
- Email 3: from Examiner to BDBC - 10 April 2018
- Email 2: Email from BDBC to Examiner and KPC - 9 April 2018
- Email 2 Attachment: Parish Council's response to regulation 16 representations
- Email 1: Email from Examiner to BDBC and KPC - 9 April 2018
- Email 1 Attachment: NPIERS Guidance to Service Users and Examiners
The Examiner may also correspond with the parish council during the examination on matters of clarification. This correspondence will be uploaded by the parish council on the neighbourhood plan website and can be found below:
- Email a: from Examiner to KPC
- Email b: from KPC to Examiner
- Email c: from KPC to Examiner
- Email c Attachment: Areas of High Archaeological Potential
- Email d: from KPC to Examiner
- Email d Attachment 1: Archaeology Map
- Email d Attachment 2: Archaeology Report
- Email d Attachment 3: Historic Buildings Map zoomed
- Email d Attachment 4: Historic Buildings Map
- Email d Attachment 5: Historic Buildings Report
- Email d Attachment 6: Blank users declaration
- Email e: from Examiner to KPC
- Email f: from KPC to Examiner
- Email f Attachment: Fawconer Rd Concept Layout
Publication (Regulation 16)
The Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan (KNP) was published for consultation by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (BDBC) on 29 January 2018 for a period of six weeks. Consultation closed on 13 March 2018. The consultation documents consisted of:
- Submission Kingsclere NP
- Consultation Statement
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Site Assessment Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Representation form and guidance note on the consultation and;
- Public notice
Representations from the KNP consultation will be available to view on the Planning Portal by 27 March 2018 at:
All the representations made and the submission plan have been issued to the appointed independent Neighbourhood Plan Examiner.
In addition the plan has been subject to a compliance check to ensure it accords with the relevant legislation. The borough council's decision and completed checklist can be viewed below:
What happens next?
Any comments received will be passed on to the appointed examiner who will then carry out an independent examination on the neighbourhood plan. The examiner will consider whether the plan meets the Basic Conditions or whether any changes need to be made. The examiner will recommend if the plan should proceed to referendum.
Details of the examination timetable and procedure will be published when available.
Pre-submission consultation (Regulation 14)
Consultation on the Pre-submission Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan took place from 9 January 2017 to 20 February 2017. For more information please visit the Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan website
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
The borough council has undertaken screening for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA). The results of the screening report and the decision notice are available to view below:
Neighbourhood Plan Area designation
The neighbourhood area for Kingsclere was designated on the 24 July 2013. Information associated with the designation of the neighbourhood area can be viewed below: