The Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan Referendum was held on Thursday 6 September 2018; 85% of voters on the day said 'yes' to the Neighbourhood Plan. Read further information on the results of the Referendum.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan on 19 June 2018. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 as amended, a Decision Statement has been published which can be found below.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations (2012) as amended, the council has published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
Information Statement(PDF) [885 kb]
Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan (as modified)(PDF) [8 Mb]
The Independent Examiner's Report(PDF) [446 kb]
Summary of Representations submitted to the independent examiner(PDF) [973 kb]
Statement (the Kingsclere Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement) that the local planning authority is satisfied that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the provisions made by or under sections 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act.(PDF) [473 kb]
General Information Statement on town and country planning, neighbourhood planning and the referendum.(PDF) [230 kb]
The Referendum was held on Thursday 6 September 2018 between 7am and 10pm. The question asked in the referendum will be:
"Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Kingsclere to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with the information statement. It is identical to the area which has been designated as the Neighbourhood Plan area for Kingsclere.
The referendum was conducted in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections. Hard copies of the specified documents are available for inspection at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council. Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday).
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre, Festival Place Shopping Centre, Basingstoke, RG21 7LS (8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Saturday).
- Kingsclere Parish Council Office, 37 George Street, Kingsclere, RG20 5NH (9.30am to 11.30am Monday and Wednesday)
- Kingsclere Community Library, 35 George Street, Kingsclere, RG20 5NH (1pm to 5.30pm Tuesday and Thursday, 9.30am to 2pm Saturday)
- The Fieldgate Centre, Field Gate Drive, Kingsclere, RG20 5SQ (during normal opening hours).