Kerbside glass collection
You can collect a new or extra glass box from Deanes reception at Council Offices between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Every house has a recycling collection of glass bottles and jars.
- Use a green box supplied by the council, no other containers.
- Rinse and recycle all empty glass bottles and jars.
- Put out next to your recycling bin and by 6am (May to August) or 7am (September to April) for collection.
- Metal lids can be left on.
No, thank you
- Do not fill your green box above the rim as it will not be emptied.
- Do not use for drinking glasses, light bulbs, pyrex and other similar items. These must be wrapped up and put in your grey bin.
- Please remove corks and put in your grey bin.
If you live in a flat or a maisonette and share waste and recycling bins, you will have a communal bin for glass, which will be emptied on the same day as the recycling bins.
Do you have a lot of glass bottles and jars?
If you do you can purchase a glass bin as an alternative to a box.
The 140 litre red bins will cost £40 and can be ordered by calling us on 01256 844844.
The glass collected is sent to a reprocessing plant in the UK, where it is then used to make new bottles and jars.
Missed glass box/bin collection
If you think your glass box or bin has been missed, please check the following:
- When your glass is due to be collected.
- Was your bin placed on the edge of your property by 6am (May to August) or 7am (September to April) on your collection day?
- Check online if there was a problem with your collection.
Please do not report a missed bin collection until after 6pm. Collections are from 6am (May to August) or 7am (September to April) to 6pm on the day of your collection, there is no set time during this period.