Garden waste collection service
New garden waste subscriptions to be reviewed
For those people wishing to sign up to the service, we will be assessing when we can sign up new customers after the weekly waste service has been reviewed in mid-July. Once we are able to set a start date for the return of weekly collections, we will look to review introducing subscriptions for new garden waste customers.
Customers whose subscriptions are due to expire will be able to renew them. Customers must renew subscriptions within the time frame given. Unfortunately we are not able to sign up customers who do not have an active subscription at this time and therefore any subscriptions not renewed within the time frame will not be able to register.
Frequently asked questions
- What will my new renewal date be due to the suspension?
All customers will receive a letter with their exact renewal date. The extension is based on the number of weeks the service was not operating and the number of collections missed.
- I signed up to the garden waste service, but haven't received my bin/sacks
We have started delivery of containers to customers who signed up before the service was suspended. You will receive your bin/sacks before the service starts.
- Can I change the number of bins/sacks I am currently signed up for?
You will be able to change the number of bins/sacks on your subscription. If you need to order bins/sacks please be aware that we may be experiencing high demand and therefore delivery may take longer than usual. Please call 01256 844844.
- Will you take excess garden waste?
No, we understand that you may have accumulated some extra garden waste, unfortunately we will not have the capacity to collect this. We will only empty the containers you have paid to use as the rounds/vehicles only have enough capacity for these.
If you currently use sacks, exchanging two sacks for a wheeled bin for garden waste will give you an extra 60 litres of capacity for the same subscription fee. You will need to purchase the bin.
- My sacks are heavy, will you still take them?
Sacks must not weigh more than 20kg, we appreciate that some of the garden waste will have started to break down but please do not add to this. As per our health and safety guidance, collection staff will leave sacks that are too heavy.
- What should we do with extra garden waste?
Please put this in to your container once it has been emptied ready for your next collection. The Household Waste Recycling Centre (tip) is also now open and accepts garden waste. Please be aware that there has been a long queue to enter the site and social distancing measures are in place.
- Why can't new customers sign up to garden waste?
We are not able to take any new sign-ups at this time as the number of customers putting out their containers and the amount of garden waste in them will be much more than average due to the suspension. As soon as the amounts of garden waste level out we will be able to review this and start to allow sign-ups for new customers.
What does the service offer?
- The service operates all year, only stopping for two weeks over Christmas/New Year (Monday 21 December 2020 to Friday 1 January 2021). Collections will resume the week beginning Monday 11 January 2021.
- There are 25 fortnightly collections per year.
- The option of having a 240 litre wheeled bin (see below for pricing).
- Free collection of real Christmas trees.
- Your subscription is valid for 12 months from the date you join, you can join the service at any time of the year.
- Reminders to renew your subscription will be sent in advance of your renewal date.
On your collection day, please ensure
- your bins and/or bags are out by 7am. Please do not use bin liners in your bin.
- your bin is displaying clearly your house name and/or number, without this your bin may not be collected as crews need to identify that you subscribe to the service. We can send you bin stickers to write your property number on, just complete a bin sticker form and we'll post them to you.
|Container type||Total capacity (litre)||Annual service charge||Container cost
(one off charge)
|Re-useable sacks (x2)||180||£48.41||Free||£48.41|
|Additional sacks (each)||90||£24.21||Free||£72.62
The cost of this service is non-refundable.
Please note if your bin goes missing, is damaged or stolen, you will need to purchase a replacement
Replacement 240 litre garden waste (brown) bin will be provided at a cost of £29.71.
If you have an enquiry about recycling, send a message to the Waste and Recycling Team