Overton Neighbourhood Plan
Overton Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2029 was 'made' at Full Council on 21 July 2016. The Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for the parish and will be used to guide planning decisions in Overton. Below are the final versions of:
Hard copies of these documents can be viewed at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Offices between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm on Monday to Thursday and 8.30am and 4.30pm on Friday, and at Basingstoke Discovery Centre and Overton Library at their normal opening times.
To view an interactive Policies Map for the Overton Neighbourhood Plan, please visit our Interactive Development Plan Policies Map. The interactive map allows you to search for a location and see which policies of the Neighbourhood Plan (and Local Plan) apply to your chosen location.
The Overton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum was held on 23 June 2016. 53% of the voters on the day said 'Yes' to the Neighbourhood Plan. Further information on the results of the Referendum can be found on our elections pages.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council has agreed to proceed to a referendum on the draft Overton Neighbourhood Plan (ONP) on 23 June 2016. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, a Decision Statement has been published which can be found below.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations 2012 the borough council has published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
- The Draft Overton Neighbourhood Plan (as modified in response to Examiners recommendations)
- The Independent Examiner's Report
- Information Statement
- A Summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner
- A Statement (the Decision Statement) that the local planning authority is satisfied that draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the provisions made by or under sections 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act
- A Statement setting out general information on town and country planning, neighbourhood planning and the referendum
- Notice of Referendum
Leaflets have been published by the 'Vote No to Overton Neighbourhood Plan Group' and the ‘Yes for Overton’ campaign group in relation to the referendum. In accordance with section 5 (3) (b) of the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations 2012 the borough council has published the following factual update documents in relation to both the Vote No to Overton Neighbourhood Plan Group and Yes for Overton leaflets:
Factual update concerning the Vote No to Overton Neighbourhood Plan Group leaflet
Factual update concerning the Vote No to Overton Neighbourhood Plan: Reality Check leaflet
Factual update concerning the Yes for Overton leaflet
The Referendum was held on Thursday 23 June 2016 between 7am and 10pm. Notice of the Referendum can be found above. The question asked in the referendum was:
Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan
for Overton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with the information statement. The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Neighbourhood Plan area for Overton.
The referendum will be conducted based in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections.
Hard copies of the specified documents are available for inspection at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday)
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre, Festival Place Shopping Centre, Basingstoke, RG21 7LS (8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Saturday)
- Overton Library, High Street, Overton, Basingstoke, RG25 3HB (9am-1pm Tues, 1pm-7pm Thurs, 9.30am-1pm Sat)
Publication (Regulation 16)
The ONP was published for consultation on 18 September 2015 for a period of six weeks. The consultation documents consisted of:
- Overton Neighbourhood Plan submission
- Overton Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Overton The Process of Housing Site Assessment
- Overton Consultation Statement
- Overton Basic Conditions Statement
- Overton Equality Impact Assessment
- Overton Representation form
- Overton Guidance note
- Overton Public Notice
Representations from the ONP consultation are available to view on the Planning Portal at http://basingstoke-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal. Representations and the submission plan were issued to the appointed independent Neighbourhood Plan Examiner, Nigel McGurk.
In addition, the plan was subject to a compliance check to ensure it complies with the relevant legislation. The borough council's decision and completed checklist can be found here:
- BDBC Overton Neighbourhood Plan compliance letter
- BDBC Overton Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist
Pre-submission (Regulation 14)
Consultation on the Pre-Submission ONP took place from 16 February to 31 March 2015. For more information please visit the Overton Parish Council website by clicking on the following link - http://www.overtonparishcouncil.gov.uk/.
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
The borough council has undertaken screening for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA). The results of the screening report and the decision notice is available to view below:
- Overton Neighbourhood Plan SEA and HRA Screening Report
- Overton Neighbourhood Plan SEA and HRA Screening Decision Notice
Neighbourhood Plan Area designation
You can view copies of the documents associated with the area designation below: